top of page

Frequently Asked Questions

Gate Access

Q: How do I get access through the front gate?

A: Owners are responsible for arranging access for their guests, vendors, or contractors- either by meeting them at the gate or by raising the gate after the guest has called the owner using the gate directory and phone panel.


Q: How many gate cards can I obtain?

A: Four per member: the first two are complementary to new members.  Additional cards may be purchased for $10 each or $15 for each keychain fob.


Q: How can my contractor gain access if I am not home?

A: Contractors can purchase their own "vendor" gate cards for $20 each per year. Contact to arrange vendor gate cards. Allow 5-7 days processing time.


Q: How can I get my name into the gate phone panel, and how does it work?

A: Contact the office and let us know you'd like to be added to the gate phone directory (requests made by a family member, property manager, or long-term tenant require the member/owner's authorization). Let us know the street address number (lot #) of your cabin, last name and first initial you'd like displayed, and the telephone number you'd like for the gate to dial.

Don't worry—your phone number and address isn't displayed, and for additional privacy, your may also elect to also hide your name in the directory such that guests will need to know the 3-digit code before arriving. If listed, guests can scroll through directory until your your name (and 3-digit code) display, then press the Call button to dial the phone number you provided. 


Alternatively, visitors can enter the 3-digit code using the number pad (no leading # or * sign or need to hit the Call button). Incoming calls from the security gate will show "Gate" on the Caller-ID. You can speak over the intercom for up to one minute and press 9 to lift the gate. Based on our experience, call-waiting proves problematic for gate calls, and naturally, a busy signal may leave your visitor stuck outside the gate. Should the line become available immediately after, it's also our experience that a 1-3 minutes wait may be required after a failed call. 



Q: Where do I get my water?

A:  Call Glacier Water District, (360) 599-2558.


Q:  Whom do I contact regarding other utility services?



◾Electricity – Puget Sound Energy at (888) 225-5773 (toll free) 
Outside WA state call (425) 452-1234.


◾Propane – Whatcom Farmer’s Co-op (360) 354-4595.


◾Propane – Northwest Propane (360) 354-4471


◾Propane – Vander Yacht Propane (360) 398-1234

◾Telephone & Internet – Ziply Fiber  (866)-699-4759

  Sanitary Service Company - curbside recycling pick up (360) 734-2051


Q: Is there Internet service at the Rim?

A: Yes and no. Ziply is the only service provider for DSL, but they are currently maxed out on customers and will not sign you up unless someone else drops off. Satellite or Starlink may be another option, but our weather and terrain generally make for inconsistent and unreliable connectivity. At this time, it is safer to NOT assume you will be able to obtain internet access at your new home/property.


Q: Can I get cable TV?

A:  Cable service is not available in the Glacier area. However satellite dishes are allowed. DSL Internet may be an option.


Q: Is our garbage and recycling picked up?

A: There is a community garbage compactor for household waste near the clubhouse. There are recycling bins in the same area for mixed bottles & cans, mixed paper, and cardboard. You may choose to use private curbside     recycling pick-up and pay yourself to avoid hauling to clubhouse area.


Q: Can I burn garbage or construction debris?

A: No, Whatcom County and MBR both have strict policies in place regarding burning garbage and other non-vegetative materials. During a burn ban, no outdoor fires of any kind are allowed (BBQ pits are still OK). 

Building and Property Standards

Q:  I am a property owner and I want to build on my lot. What do I need to do?

A:  First, contact Whatcom County Department of Planning and Development (360) 676-6907. Second, review ALL the MBR documents at; especially the Minimum Property Standards and appendices. Read this document carefully for the MBR permits and procedures required to build.



  • Lot survey by a professional surveyor.

  • MBR General Development Permit and On-Site Sewage System Approval Permit.

  • Site Plan with trees marked for removal and location of all structures clearly marked in relation to all lot lines.

  • MBR Damage and Compliance Deposit

  • Attach County permits.


Q: Can I cut trees or clear my property?

A:  All trees over 9" in diameter must be pre-approved for removal. Read the Tree Policy and complete the Tree Removal Form available at Submit your tree removal form to the so it can be forwarded to the property standards director for review. You must have a complete and signed approval form prior to removal.


Q:  How do I contact the Property Standards Director?

A:  Call the office (360) 599-2946 and leave a message or email


Q: How can I contact the Community Manager?

A: Call the office (360) 599-2946 or email


Q: Does MBR require any kind of Damage Deposit during construction to protect the common areas?

A:  Yes, contact the office for more information.


Q:  Can we put a tent, teepee or yurt on our property?

A:   No.


Q:  Are recreational vehicles or travel trailers allowed in MBR as temporary residences?

A:   Generally only during the 12-month construction period with written approval from the Board of Directors.

Q:   What are the construction hours at MBR?

A:   Allowed times for use of equipment are : Weekdays 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Saturday and Sunday (including holidays) 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.


Q:   Can I store my motor home, snowmobile, boat, jet ski, etc. on my property?

A:   Thanks to a recent amendment to our bylaws, you can now store most of these recreational items on your property during specified times of the year. See the Minimum Property Standards and Rules and Regulations at for more information. Certain restrictions and rules specify items be stored within a proper storage area; this includes, but is not limited to, unlicensed vehicles, boats and trailers, appliances such as refrigerators, and garbage.


Q: How do we receive mail?

A: Obtain a post office box at either the Glacier or Maple Falls Post Office.


Q: How do we receive packages from UPS, FedEx, DHL?

A: Give them your street address (lot #) and note that it is located in Mt. Baker Rim. The delivery trucks have gate cards.



Contact and Office hours

Q: What are the office hours?

A:  Office operates virtually, and email inquiries are responded to during business hours Wednesday through Saturday.


Q: Who do I contact after-hours for violation complaints?

A: Report issues to the office (call and leave message or email) and the Staff will reply as soon as they can. If there is an emergency, call 911.


Q: How do I contact the Board of Directors?

A: Board meetings are open to the members and occur the third Friday of every month at 7:00 p.m. (subject to change- date/time changes will be posted to For a link to the Zoom meeting, email You can also contact the Board at

















Swimming pool

Q: Is there a lifeguard at the pool?

A: No.


Q: Does the swimming pool offer swim lessons?

A: No.


Q: Is the pool open year round?

A: No, the pool operates during the summer season. Traditional dates are Victoria Day Weekend (Canadian holiday) or Memorial Day (US holiday) through Labor Day Weekend. Dates are weather dependent. Pool is kept at 82 degrees but may fluctuate  slightly.


Q: Can our guests use the clubhouse and pool if we aren’t there?

A: Family members may use the facilities without the owner present, but guests should be accompanied by an owner.


Q: Can I rent the pool for parties?

A: No, MBR does not allow pool parties or large groups of children. Each child must have a responsible adult with them at all times to ensure their safety, in accordance with county, state and national laws. 


Q: What are the pool rules?

A: Swimming Pool Rules

  • Children under age 13 must be supervised by a responsible adult.

  • Children ages 13-17 cannot use pool alone.

  • Everyone must take a cleansing shower before using pool.

  • If you have a disease that can be transmitted by water or have been ill with diarrhea or vomiting in the last 2 weeks, don't use the pool.

  • Diapers must be changed in the designated changing area and must have a tight-fitting protective covering.

  • People with seizure, heart, or circulatory problems should not swim alone.

  • No running or rough playing.

  • No food or drink allowed in the pool or on the pool deck. Water bottles are the only allowable item on the deck.

  • Don't use pool when under the influence of alcohol or drugs.

  • If you don't follow the rules, you may be removed from the premises.

  • No flotation devices allowed by County law (no inflatable tubes, toys, rafts, etc.) Water wings and kick boards are allowed.

  • In an Emergency, call 911.Emergency phone is located at deep end of the pool, mounted on the wall and is clearly marked.

  • First-Aid Kit is located below and to the right of the phone.

  • You must latch the gates behind you when entering or exiting the pool deck. This is for the safety of our children! Never block the door open.

  • Please be courteous when using the pool – use family friendly language, don’t use stereo equipment, don’t lay towels down to claim lounge chairs and then leave. Share the area and help keep it clean and tidy.

  • If you see someone acting inappropriately or dangerously, say something! – or report it to the Community Manager and Office.



Sauna Usage

Q: Where is the sauna?

A: The sauna is inside the clubhouse, located at the far end of the upper hallway.


Q: What are the rules regarding usage of the sauna?

A: Here are the Sauna guidelines:

  • For good health, shower before and after each use.

  • Cool down for 5-10 minutes after each use, especially before entering the pool or shower.

  • Persons with medical conditions should consult a physician before using any Sauna.

  • The following individuals should not use the sauna: those with heart disease, diabetes, high or low blood pressure, circulatory or respiratory problems, seizures, epilepsy, pregnant women, those who are using prescribed or illegal drugs or under the influence of alcohol. Must be 18 years of age to use the sauna without adult supervision.

  • Drink plenty of water before and after use. Steam Room and Sauna may cause dehydration.

  • Users should not extend use more than 10 minutes.

  • Be courteous and respectful to other users.

  • Any inappropriate, lewd and/or suggestive behavior may result in immediate and/or permanent loss of privileges. Please report misuse to MBR office and staff.

  • We appreciate your assistance in following and enforcing these policies.

Q: How can I access the clubhouse and facilities?

A: You need a gate card or gate fob to unlock the front door. Please do not prop door open. Please do not give access to people you do not know.

Q: Can renters use the facilites?

A: No, the facilities are for MBR members, their family, and guests.

Q: Are darts and pool cues supplied?

A: Due to damage from improper use, we no longer supply darts - you must bring your own. There are pool cues and a triangle rack supplied. There are ping pong paddles and a net provided.


Q: What are the hours of operation?

A: The clubhouse is open for use every day from 9AM to 9 PM.

Q: Is firewood supplied?

A: Yes, there is firewood, kindling, and paper provided. We do not supply a lighter or matches, for safety reasons. You are responsible for any fire that you build, and must responsibly monitor it. Be certain that you open the flue (located on the backside of the fireplace - swing the handle to the "O" position) before starting a fire. An adult must be present at all times during a fire - no children may build or maintain a fire unless supervised.


Q: Is the area under video surveillance?

A: Yes, MBR has 7 video cameras in various locations in and around the clubhouse, pool, and compactor areas.


Clubhouse Info

bottom of page